Junior Systems Engineer (C++, Perl, SQL)
- The successful candidate will assist software development teams in establishing an Agile development approach to analytic development. They will assist in setting up epics and user stories, establishing sprint rhythms and setting up backlogs. The candidate will monitor progress of teams and provide additional coaching to assist the teams as they transition to an Agile development environment. The candidate will also assist government technical leadership, researching new approaches to solving difficult problems, developing analyses of alternative approaches, system architecture frameworks and other over‐arching engineering issues that would impact the organization.
- Working in a dynamic environment, assisting multiple development teams to either start anew in an Agile environment or simply honing existing processes
- Becoming familiar with multiple efforts that provide refinement and better information on data being enhance with analytic techniques such as Java Map/Reduce
- Being part of the team that is developing the future environment for the teams, from the platforms utilized to the architecture framework used to develop the software
- Candidate shall be skilled in programming in C, Bourne, TclTk, and SQL. Knowledge of how C++, Perl, and Java work. A Systems Engineer is not expected to develop code as a primary duty but must be familiar with coding as it affects system development.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience in setting up scrum‐based Agile development environments
- Experience in developing software development frameworks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Agile certification (SCRUM Master)
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least eight (8) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, QA, risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid‐ to large‐scale (e.g., integration programs)
- Note: A bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience as a systems analyst.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required