Software Systems Engineer – Subject Matter Expert (Python, Perl, Linux)
- Supports the Core Team by developing and applying advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems related to the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) Software Communications Architecture (SCA).
- Plans, conducts, technically directs and evaluates projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of engineers and technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies software engineering methods and techniques to signal processing applications; evaluates and assesses the benefits of implementing functionality across a variety of platforms, including general purpose processors, digital signal processors, FPGA devices or custom processing solutions.
- Conducts investigations and test of considerable complexity.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Provides technical consultation to other organizations.
- Direct development experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and/or protocol processing in software
- Direct experience in the development of collection systems and/or related components within the IC
- C++ development experience
- Scripting language development experiences such as Python or Perl
- Software defined radio experience
- XML/XSD experience
- Linux/Unix experience
- Direct development experience with the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) Software Communications Architecture (SCA)
- Direct experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies
- Working knowledge of commercial wireless standards
- Direct development experience with CORBA
- Direct development experience with Inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Working knowledge of geolocation techniques such as AoA, TDOA, FDOA, etc. and geolocation services (preferred)
- Direct development experience with enterprise service bus (ESB) technologies (preferred)
- Direct experience specifying hardware (e.g., A/D performance, RF receiver characteristics, antenna characteristics) and software requirements (e.g., architecture throughput requirements) (preferred)
- Java development experience (preferred)
Minimum Experience Required:
- 2-4 Years with PhD
- or 3-5 Years with MS
- or 4-6 with BS
- or 10-15 Years with No Degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required