Junior Software Engineer
- The Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to, processing- intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Experience developing in UNIX. Ability to perform shell scripting. Working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation.
- Level 2 Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and Unclassified work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Design, develop, and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (i.e. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Experience with container technologies (i.e. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of cloud-based solutions and technologies.
- Recommend and implement suggestions for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Coordinate software installation on a system and monitor performance to ensure operational specifications are met
- The Level 3 Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the capabilities of a SWE-2 in addition to the following capabilities:
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience creating, managing, and troubleshooting a CI/CD infrastructure in a Unix environment
- Experience with build, test and package software tools such as CMake
- Experience with code coverage tools such as SonarQube
- Experience with creating manageable CI/CD processes (check-in, check-out, merge, build, versioning, packaging, release, etc.) and the ability to implement and document the CI/CD processes
- Experience with CI/CD principals and concepts using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, and Bamboo
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- Experience with IaC principles and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and SaltStack
Minimum Experience Required:
- SWE-2 Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus three (3) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- SWE-3 Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus seven(7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Nine (9) years of experience as
- TS/SCI w. Polygraph Required