Mid-Level Software Engineer (Java, C++, PHP)
- In addition, the contractor shall develop all applications according to the organization’s frameworks utilizing PKI, database, web development and application security. The contractor shall ensure component development is done in a repeatable way using concepts such as containers and that all developed software is reliable, modifiable, efficient, understandable and fault tolerant.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop, and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions.
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices.
- Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
- Development of cloud-based solutions and technologies.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints. Perform quality control on team products.
- Recommend and implement suggestions for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Coordinate software installation on a system and monitor performance to ensure operational specifications are met.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages Java, C++, PHP
- Experience with Apache Tomcat Web Server
- Experience translating analytic needs into functional software.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience developing with multiple programming languages including Go, Perl and/or Ruby
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Google Container Engine, and Logspout
- Experience with one or more PHP development frameworks such as CakePHP, Laravel, Zend
- Experience with SQL technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Oracle
- Experience with CI/CD concepts, best practices and tools such as Jenkins and GitLab CI
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Elasticsearch and Kibana visualization
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite of Tools such as Jira and Confluence
Minimum Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus three (3) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity OR Seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required