Junior Software Engineer/Developer (SQL, Perl, Java)
- The candidate would support the effort to find people through behaviors, identifiers, and contacts by leveraging existing Java skills to improve the analytic library to provide more nuanced answers to analyst questions. This candidate would be part of a team that will look to provide more indicators of interest, as well as a system to evaluate those indicators to provide a level of confidence of the value those indicators provide.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- At least 3 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- Additionally, at least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required