Junior Software Engineer/Developer (Java, Linux, Hadoop)
- Individual will be working with a team on a suite of capabilities designed to help solve common problems arising from various analyst offices. Primary focus will be on prototype development. The individual will also work directly with customers to gather requirements and feedback.
- What you will like about this position…
- Developing answers to questions via Java Map/Reduce, making them available via the corporate tool suites
- Opportunities to research and work with multiple platforms for development
- Working in a cohesive, small team environment
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong Java skills are required
- Experience developing in Linux environments is required
- Familiar with Hadoop / Map Reduce Analytics
- Familiar with the government cloud architecture and data formats
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
- Development experience using Spring
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 4+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 4 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 1 year of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required