- Work across a full stack of data analytics techniques and tools from the data layer and ingest all the way up to the user interface.
- Build user interfaces that allow analysts to browse complex data structures and networks to quickly gain valuable new intelligence with ease.
- Design new visualizations that can display many different types and sources of data in ways that enable analysts to quickly gain the insight they’re searching for – or don’t know about yet.
- Ingest data from a wide variety of disparate sources and formats and unify it into an aligned analyst search/analytics tool.
- Help to maintain the full software product lifecycle of applications from new prototype and test to production and maintenance.
- Quickly develop prototype applications and capabilities leveraging customer dataset expertise and well-established security practices before moving them to fully operational production systems.
- Create search tools and algorithms that can discover complex relationships and identify keywords to highlight previously undiscovered intelligence for analysts.
- Leverage other customer tools in a customer wide tool suite to develop and provide integrated capabilities to make analysts lives easier.
- Solve challenging software engineering problems and decompose requirements to build tools that enable critical capabilities in support of US intelligence operations.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least two (2) documents in support of a software development projects
Technical Skills Required:
- HTML / CSS
- Operating/Developing in Linux OS environment
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Strong technical depth and ability to solve challenging engineering problems.
- Ability to translate challenging requirements into software prototypes with a team.
- Interface with stakeholders and users to improve capabilities and features of supported products
- Ability to Design intuitive user interfaces that allow analysts to discover previously unknown information and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements in an agile software development lifecycle.
- Ability to describe new prototype capabilities, bug fixes, and enhancements to customers, stakeholders, and project leads.
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least two (2) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least two (2) years developing software in an enterprise environment.
- At least two (2) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux OS. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
- At least one (1) year in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required