The successful candidate will assist software development teams in establishing an Agile development approach to analytic development. They will assist in setting up epics and user stories, establishing sprint rhythms and setting up backlogs. The candidate will monitor progress of teams and provide additional coaching to assist the teams as they transition to an Agile development environment. The candidate will also assist government technical leadership, researching new approaches to solving difficult problems, developing analyses of alternative approaches, system architecture frameworks and other over-arching engineering issues that would impact the organization.
What you will like about this position…
- Working in a dynamic environment, assisting multiple development teams to either start anew in an Agile environment or simply honing existing processes
- Becoming familiar with multiple efforts that provide refinement and better information on data being enhance with analytic techniques such as Java Map/Reduce
- Being part of the team that is developing the future environment for the teams, from the platforms utilized to the architecture framework used to develop the software
Candidate shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience in setting up scrum-based Agile development environments
- Experience in developing software development frameworks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Agile certification
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least three (3) years of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- At least four (4) years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, QA, risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid- to large-scale
- Note: A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required