ProObject is seeking a Test Engineer to join their software development team that works with other test organizations to support Test & Evaluation and program integration. Provide specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance area as assigned.
Test Engineer Duties Include:
- Developing and executing functional test procedures.
- Feature, System, and Regression testing of each release (per the Sprint schedule) of the product.
- Testing within an agile development environment for a feature-based release model.
- Documentation and maintenance of the test plan, test environments, and test event checklists for each test cycle.
- Providing feedback to the project team, software developers, and Government Program Manager (GPM) on test results and defects
Technical Skills Required:
- 5+ years’ experience with:
- Assist with any or all of the Level 1 tasks as constrained by technical training and previous testing experience
- Conducting research into and applying knowledge of Government est and evaluation concepts and related engineering, acquisition, and operations activities as needed to support the T&E activities.
- Plan and Execute Performance Analysis
- Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support
- Analyze performance risk areas to focus T&E planning
- Specify, validate, and adapt Modeling and Simulation for T&E use
- Apply Statistical Analysis of variations in performance behavior to characterize confidence in performance estimates
- Select, develop, & use analysis tools
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by the Testing Tasks
- Plan and Execute Performance Data Collection
- Plan program and event level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to synch T&E events with supported decision points
- Establish and employ Data & Configuration Management capabilities
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes
- Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning
- Assess operational environments and priorities for evaluation attention and scenario selection, and to coordinate user participation in T&E
- Plan program and event level risk-tailored performance estimation and analysis of system and operational Effectiveness and Suitability metrics & conditions; levels of T&E include inspection, demonstration, paper analysis, survey, simulation, and physical test
- Design surveys for evaluation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and user assessments of performance
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans
- Produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E cross-walk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports)
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate Instrumentation, collection and data management tools, targets, & facilities
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants re conduct of the event; equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans
- Execute Testing and Data Collection per plan
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan
- Define and provide technical direction and guidance for the Level 1 tasks to the Level 0 and Level 1 TEs assigned to the task
- Recommend draft plans and reports for from the level 1 tasks for approval by the task leader
- Work directly with the Government sponsor to coordinate task implementation
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience generating technical documentation
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Note: Four (4) years of TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required