Junior Level System Engineer (Linux, Windows, SQL)
- Work in an agile development processes implementing features as defined by user stories. 2 week Sprints/3 Month Spins
- Duties will include implementing innovative systems written in Java to support customer mission goal.
- Working with customers to implement the system to meet mission goals, and improve existing systems and processes.
- Translating customer requirements into tasking for development teams.
- Reviews and provides input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
- Develops derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
- Develops system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Participates in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Derives from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
- Allocates real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Participates in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Participates in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination (from template/Labor Category document)
Technical Skills Required:
- Customer support experience
- Experience in working within a team of engineers in the support of critical mission applications
- Review mission performance to ensure proper execution of the mission
- Establishing, clarifying, and maintaining mission objectives and priorities
- Track, coordinate, and adjudicate all issues affecting the success of the mission
- Work with the helpdesk personnel and developers to maintain the operational readiness of the systems
- Coordinate with system providers to ensure that service level agreements are meeting the need of the mission
- Solid documentation skills a must
- Work with Agile/Scrum Methodology
Special Technical Skills Desired:
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with JIRA, SPRING BOOT, JMS, RELATIONAL DB, Ansible
Minimum Experience Required:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in planning, maintaining, and support production applications environments that are built on Linux, Windows, and SQL
- At least five (5) years of direct experience in the intelligence communitySeven (7) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required (experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required