Junior Level Software Engineer
- The Software Engineer shall be responsible for supporting the CCE Marketplace and services. The CCE Marketplace provides several containerized services that customers can provision and access on demand inside of a Kubernetes cluster. Some of the services include development environments, GitLab CI/CD, Jupyter Notebooks, and storage solutions.
- Additional tasking shall include maintenance and troubleshooting of containerized applications, upgrading services, and supporting CCE Marketplace customers. As required, the Software Engineer shall develop any required software for new CCE Marketplace functionality and services.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience using the Linux CLI
- Experience with Ruby and the Rails Framework
- Experience using Gitlab, Gitlab CI/CD and understanding source control processes
- Experience with Bash and Python scripting
- General SQL database knowledge, preferably Postgres
- Willingness to learn new languages and technologies
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with creating Helm Charts for Kubernetes
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience developing Java applications using Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience providing customer outreach and troubleshooting support
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool suite (Jira, Confluence)
Minimum Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus two (2) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Or Four (4) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.