Designs, develops, troubleshoots and analyzes complicated and difficult software programs for computer based systems. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed and input/output requirements. As required, provides inputs for documentation of new or existing programs. Manage and maintain our continuous Integration (CI), Build and Release Infrastructure.
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong background in Linux/Unix systems
- Possess deep Git experience as well as Git’s branching methodologies
- Hands-on working experience with Source Code Management tools like Git and JIRA
- Strong background in scripting/automation languages such as Python, Bash, and Shell Scripting
- Implementation experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes using various tools like Maven, ANT, GitLab-CI, Jenkins/Bamboo and Nexus as binary repository
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Strong knowledge of unit-testing, integration-testing and other quality-control processes and how they relate to builds and releases
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in Agile and Scrum environment a plus
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Eclipse RCP or EMF training or equivalent experience
- Experience using IDE’s such as JBuilder and/or Eclipse preferred
- Experience in the development of collection systems and components within the IC
- Java GUI development experience
- Direct experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)/middleware technologies such as enterprise service bus (ESB), CORBA, SOAP, or Internet Communications Engine (ICE)
- Web framework experience such as Ruby on Rails, Django, SpringFramework, or Zope
- Direct experience in the development of collections systems and components within the IC
Minimum Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 4-9 years of applicable software design and development experience; or 7-11 years of applicable software design and development experience.
TS/SCI with Polygraph required.