The candidate will assist government technical leadership, researching new approaches to solving difficult problems, developing analyses of alternative database approaches, assist with system architecture frameworks and other over-arching engineering issues that would impact the organization. The candidate will implement the database management system, manage the development and implementation of the data model, and support the developers as they begin to use the database.
What you will like about this position…
- Working in a dynamic environment, bring expertise to enable a standardized database platform for multiple teams in the division.
- Becoming familiar with multiple efforts that provide refinement and better information on data being enhance with analytic techniques such as Java Map/Reduce, High Performance Computing, and Cloud Services such as Amazon AWS.
- Being part of the team that is developing the future environment for the teams, developing and implementing the converged database archit
- Candidate shall be responsible primarily for providing technical expertise and developing relational databases, database parser software, and database loading software to support Operations Directorate analysts.
- Personnel shall evaluate and recommend available data base management system (DBMS) products to support customer requirements, define database organization and indexing methods, perform conceptual and logical data modeling, and implement database security.
- Additional duties also may be assigned other responsibilities such as database monitoring and performance tuning.
- Personnel also may be assigned other responsibilities related to the development of non-database program components and support of existing databases.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience over the breadth of the following: Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows NT, Pascal or Delphi, Linux – Redhat, Windows XP, Databases, Sybase RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms, Powerbuilder, MS SQL Server, Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM).
- Experience in requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, support, testing, problem diagnosis, and resolution.
- Experience in developing data models with NoSQL databases
- Experience with implementing and maintaining NoSQL databases.
- Experience in developing software using Java or other interfaces to NoSQL databases
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- A background in relational databases (Oracle, Postgres, and MySQL) is a plus.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least ten (10) years of experience in developing applications for and providing life cycle support to databases.
- Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science may be substituted for four (4) years of experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required