The Team is responsible for receiving disparate data formats and transforming that data into corporate compliant data formats. The work includes both defining the data modeling to represent the new data as well as developing the products to produce the compliant data.
Specific duties include:
- Customer-facing position that requires identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving both internal system problems, as well as external customer-related IT issues.
- Extensive integration with multi-disciplined integrated product teams
- Perform operational support functions for routine issues including problem tracking, analysis, and resolution
- Provide problem determination; analyze and resolve system problems to ensure continuous system operations
- Troubleshoot day-to-day system-related issues and provide direct support, in collaboration with products teams, to end-users via JIRA ticketing and /or email.
- Support release planning and deployment installations; communicate important information about system maintenance, changes, events, and address concerns regarding any aspect of operational services
- Ability to quickly assess an issue and provide management with comprehensive long or short-term actions for restoration of service(s) required.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements;
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features;
- Debug existing software and corrects defects; Integrate existing software into now or modified systems or operating environments;
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories;
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards;
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards;
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components;
- Write or review software and system documentation;
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas;
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project;
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance;
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and ;
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Technical Skills Required:
- Expertise in Linux Administration in virtualized environment
- Deployment domain scripting and automation experience
- Experience in one or more high level scripting languages such as Ruby
- Large Scale distributed high availability, high performance production system experience overseeing dozens of instances to include Deployment, monitoring, sustainment, configuration, packaging, release management, troubleshooting, SSPs, and Security Compliance.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Continuous Integration tooling experience such as Jenkins
- Automation tools, such as puppet, chef or ansible.
- Experience in data processing, and corporate dataflows and formats.
- Working knowledge of SIGINT Operation Workflows, dataflow, and end-to-end systems.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a software engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required