Looking for an exciting and challenging position? We are seeking a motivated Software Engineer to provide a hybrid of software development and operations support. The candidate will be part of a small, end-to-end application development team that builds the UI, analytics, business rules, data ingest, processing & storage, and operations to automate workflow for mission tradecraft.
- Candidate shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong Java skills are required
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with RESTful services, SpringBoot, SprintData and jQuery
- Experience with MONGO or similar noSQL databases is desired
- Familiarity with Agile development using the Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Linux is a must for both development and operations support
- Ability to research andsystem administration and operational support tasking, for example:
- Managing IAVA patches
- Firewall rules and configuration using firewall
- User management (and other system management like salt, puppet, ansible)
- Help setup and manage Docker
- Help team move from svn to git
Minimum Experience Required:
- Four (4) to eight (8) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least four (4) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least one (1) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required