Junior Level Software Engineer (C++. Java, Ruby)
- Work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement systems components. Participate as a member of the SCRUM team in daily stand-ups.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements;
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features;
- Debug existing software and corrects defects; Integrate existing software into now or modified systems or operating environments;
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories;
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards;
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards;
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components;
- Write or review software and system documentation;
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas;
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project;
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance;
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and ;
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Technical Skills Required:
- Programming in C++, JAVA as well as scripting languages (Ruby, Python)
- Knowledge in Memory Database and Key/Value store solutions
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Hern
- Experience in resource manager such as Kubernetes, etc.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite Software Development Tools
- Experience with No-SQL and SQL databases
- Experience integrating and testing components, including unit tests, integrations test, and continuous integration systems
- Exposure to Agile and SCRUM methodology
Minimum Experience Required:
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a software engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required