Junior Level Java Developer (Java, Full Stack)
- Work in an agile development processes implementing features as defined by user stories. 2 week Sprints/3 Month Spins
- Development using Java full stack
- Primary responsible for creation and maintenance of the project databases
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements;
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features;
- Debug existing software and corrects defects; Integrate existing software into now or modified systems or operating environments;
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories;
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards;
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards;
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components;
- Write or review software and system documentation;
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas;
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project;
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance;
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and ;
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Technical Skills Required:
- Evaluating, defining, planning, designing, implementing, refining, and deploying database solutions in LINUX VM environments at the Enterprise and project levels.
- Sizing (capacity planning), performance analysis and tuning, modeling.
- Knowledge with parsing
- Proficient in Linux
- Developing successful backup and recovery procedures on more than one program
- Supporting the development of long-term architectural storage solutions based on customer business requirements and new development
- Experience in resolving database issues and in creating new features/ functionality for existing database
- Experience working on a big data team a plus
- Good communication skills
- Experience using JSON and XML format for serialization.
- Proficient in Linux
- Familiarity with basic design patterns (Singleton, MVC, Builder, etc.)
- Familiarity with web applications technologies
Special Technical Skills Desired:
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Database experience with (MongoDb, Postgrese, Oracle, MySQL, etc) a plus
- Experience with GWT, TOMCAT, JMS, GIT, Python, ELK stack
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence
- Agile/Scrum methodology a plus
- Developing middleware of presentation layer software
- UI/UX design / development experience
- Background in SIGINT or Cyber or NetDef or IA
- Use of workflow orchestrators or rules processing engines such as DROOLS or Camunda or jBPM or Activiti
- Use of serialization technologies is a plus. (e.g. Avro, Thrift, ProtoBuf)
- Use of Messaging technologies (JMS, Kafka, others)
- Experience developing and using REST services
- Experience Agile processes (spins, sprints, retrospectives)
- Experience Jenkins, SQL, Elastic, Ansible, Gradle, Maven, and/or Git
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least seven (7) years’ experience as a software developer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- At least four (4) years’ direct experience with Java developer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required