Working in a variety of environments, the successful candidate will use leading edge technologies to develop analytics to enhance data from multiple cyber sources, as well as classic SIGINT via data tagging. These analytics will be used in standard presentation systems throughout the enterprise to support missions throughout the world covering a variety of subjects. You will be working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment. This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast paced arena.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with developing restful services, Ruby on Rails framework, LDAP protocol configuration management and cluster performance management (e.g. Nagios).
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in the design and development of at least one Object Oriented System.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of software development projects.
- In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience, work or college level courses, in at least 2 of the desired characteristics.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
Special Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with Java/Pig MapReduce is required
- Python experience a plus.
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience with customer analytic development
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- CCA candidates cannot be considered for this position
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability.
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics, event driven analytics, sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Experience developing and deploying analytics
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Shall have at least 5 years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++
- Shall have at least 2 years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as 2 years of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software in UNIX/Linux (Red Hat versions 3-5+) operating systems.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required