Junior Help Desk Specialist (Troubleshooting, Documenting)
- Provide oversight for data flow to and from IT systems. Monitors directories for files that need to be transferred to other systems.
- Assists users with account creation. Assists users with accessing and using IT systems.
- Responds to customer queries and escalates issues.
- Updates Standard Operating Procedures documents to adapt to new system functionality or configuration changes.
- Develop an understanding of the numerous process flows to other IT systems.
- Create and maintain user accounts that involve Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Provide updates to technical and non-technical application documentation.
- Execute canned scripts to process data files.
- Executed canned database queries to aid in problem determination.
- Provide written and oral communication with the customer.
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and assist in executing test procedures for software components.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures for data handling.
- Participate in planning sessions for process improvement Create Help Desk tickets in the designated ticket tracking system.
- Compile and organize data for monthly status reports.
Technical Skills Required:
- Tier 1 support
- Basic troubleshooting
- Documenting issues
Minimum Experience Required:
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university in a technical degree field is required.
- Two (2) years of Help Desk experience may be substituted for an Associate’s degree. Experience with Help Desk support tasks involving user accounts, granting permissions, and responding to trouble tickets.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required