Junior Cloud Software Engineer (NoSQL, Git, Cloud)
- Daily tasking will include identifying relevant data sets and working with mission analysts to create analytics within the customer’s cloud environment to discover, enhance, capture and counter cyber activity. Currently analytics are developed in Java using MapReduce, python and Pig.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Shall have demonstrated work or academic experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as one (1) year of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work or academic experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
- Shall have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate will have at least one (1) year of the desired characteristics.
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability.
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, algorithms.
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics, event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks.
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Shall have at least four (4) years of general experience in software development/engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or related discipline.
- Shall have at least one (1) year of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required