Junior Cloud Software Engineer (Cloud Analytics, Java, Python)
- Develop and maintain assigned persona analytic tasks requiring implementation, documentation and testing for the Finance Intelligence and High Interest Cargo team to support Threat Finance Analytic Development.
- Analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively, in the customer cloud infrastructure. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users. The data could be metadata or content.
Technical Skills Required:
- 2 years of experience with writing cloud analytics (HADOOP, MapReduce, Accumulo) in Pig or Java
- Experience using Java, Python, Maven, Git, Jira and Confluence
- Prior experience developing analytics utilizing MWS, and SOAP is highly preferred
- Familiarity with customer corporate tools such as DX, TargetProfiler, GeoXplorer, LinkXplorer, Renoir, etc.
- Work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least five (5) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+), and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- At least two (2) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required