Cloud Software Engineer (C++, PHP, Python)
- Provide software engineering and development support to Data Refinement’s data valuation efforts. This support will include the development and enhancement of metric analytic tools that enable and facilitate analysis and aggregation of multiple data source measurements for the purpose of health & status reporting, data flow monitoring, trend analysis, business analytics, data assessments and valuation. These activities consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and implement software code using:
- Primary: Java/EJB (MapReduce experience), HTML, Maven, Python, and Pig/Piglet
- Utilize sound software development practices to include designing, using, and creating reusable software solutions, using designated code configuration management, Linux/Unix scripting and development tools, and performing complete unit and integration testing. Utilize peers for design, code, and documentation reviews.
- Coordinate with DR data fusion teams to develop processes to measure, evaluate, present metrics, and sourcing on each reference data source.
- Assist and develop system monitoring capability for gathering information and identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Automate analysis tasks or workflows as defined by leadership.
- Develop quick turn-around capabilities in direct support of operations.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with developing restful services, Ruby on Rails framework, LDAP protocol configuration management and cluster performance management (e.g. Nagios).
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in the design and development of at least one Object Oriented System.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of software development projects.
- In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience, work or college level courses, in at least 2 of the desired characteristics.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
Technical Skills Required:
- Experiencing designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experiencing developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event drive analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Technical writing skills and generate technical documents in support of a software development projects.
- Source Code Management (e.g., Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
- Web Technology
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability.
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification.
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover social networks.
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Machine Learning
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Advanced Computing
Minimum Experience Required:
- Shall have at least 5 years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++
- Shall have at least 2 years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as 2 years of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software in UNIX/Linux (Red Hat versions 3-5+) operating systems.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required