Proteus Technologies is conducting a search for an ISSO with network engineering experience to join our team. Securing the net and enterprise is a critical need for our mission customer. This position will oversee the secure operations of our network with a broad spectrum of technologies, including security software running on Windows and Linux systems, virtual machines, and network devices. Part-time position: 20 hours per week.
- Knowledge in the following areas: system engineering, utilizing expert skills in protocols and protocol analysis as they relate to wired and wireless technology.
- Understanding of the routing protocols BGP and SNMTP is required.
- Able to provide support with system integration, system testing, and documentation
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and as assigned, perform day-to-day security operations of the system.
- Provide support to the customer on matters involving the security of the information system and assist in maintenance to ensure the system accreditation. This includes developing and updating the system security plan, as well as, managing and controlling changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes.
- Provide support to plan, coordinate, and implement IT security programs and policies and provide configuration management for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
- Perform risk assessments.
- Perform security research, analysis, and design for all client computing systems and the network infrastructure.
- Security+ certification
- TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 10 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, to include least five years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least three years of experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience.
TS/SCI w Polygraph required.