The successful candidate will provide technical support to the SIGINT Forensics Center (SFC), Strategic Technology and Advanced Concepts (STAAC) Division. Support shall include loading data from various computer media into the SFC’s local storage system, entering background data in the SFC’s internal database, and initiating automated processing scripts.
- Initiate Forensics processing scripts (run via Linux command line)
- Input and/or update background data in the internal SFC tracking database
- Initiate automated processing for SFC tracking database
- Copy images from a server to local storage
- Troubleshoot and communicate with customers if data is corrupted or incompatible
- Perform research on current and future technology trends
- Identify and analyze new technologies and methods to assist near-term and medium-term Strategic technology development Initiatives
- Most work is during core business hours of normal business days; after hours surge efforts and on-call efforts.
- Candidate shall be responsible primarily for providing basic system administration support for workstations and servers. Candidate may also be assigned other responsibilities such as planning, equipment staging, or the development of shell scripts. Duties include administering workstations/servers running the Unix and Windows NT operating systems.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience using Linux command line interface
- Understanding of file systems (concept of files/folders/symbolic links/permissions, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard, commands like “file” + “mount”, what is FAT/NTFS/etc)
- Able to write basic shell scripts (e.g. bash, csh, etc), (create some variables, pass them as parameters to system commands and PERL scripts)
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communications skill
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under general direction
- General application and operating system trouble shooting experience
- Must be detail-oriented
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Understanding of Windows files systems
- Experience debugging PERL (at least enough to figure out what input parameters are needed in case the original instructions for how to call the PERL code aren’t completely right)
- Experience with open source or COTS forensics tools like eNcase, FTKImager, TestDisk, other things on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_forensics_tools
- Knowledge of SIGINT Forensics Center
- Must possess strong analytic skills
Minimum Experience Required:
- Two plus (2+) years of Systems Administration experience, with preferably one year of experience with systems administration in a Linux environment. The candidate shall have technical experience/knowledge of shell script development and debugging, VMWare and/or virtual box, backup methods and backup formats.
- Candidate must meet all qualifications associated with Sections C3,T1. And C3.T2. of DoD Directive 8570.01-M entitled “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.” by February 6, 2019.
- At least six (6) years of experience as a Sun, Unix, or Windows system administrator including, but not being limited to, installing/loading operating system software, troubleshooting, installing the desktop, installing a windows manager, and performing BEA WebLogic administration.
TS/SCI w Polygraph required.