Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security. You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
- Sit at the forefront of data visualization by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a fit.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- Design solutions from the user’s perspective and partner with UI/UX designers who manage the design, look and feel of the application.
- Receive direct user feedback from product / mission outreach teams and continuously improve tools.
- Review/test software components and build your expertise by developing and executing comprehensive system, performance and design testing plans.
- Maintain a functioning user-accessible website
- Codes less complex websites using HTML, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages
- Support website planning and deployment
- Write documentation regarding the website’s technical requirements
Technical Skills Required:
- Two (2) or more years of experience with the following web application and/or front-end languages and technologies:
- Java, C++ or VB.net
- HTML, CSS, PHP and Perl, Python, Ruby
- Experience developing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/service
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Linux based scripting using a server-side language (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.).
- Agile software development experience / understanding.
- Code management using Git & MAVEN
- Jira and/ or Confluence experience
Minimum Experience Required:
- No demonstrated experience is required. Associate’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Two (2) years of WD experience may be substituted for an associate’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required