CRITICAL Network Engineer Level 2 with CCNP
- Candidate will provide network design, engineering and administrative support of both physical and virtual networking devices. This is in support of the modernization of legacy systems to meet functional, feature and performance requirements as specified by the Information Assurance Directorate. All networks and associated equipment must meet specified Information Technology security requirements and guidelines. Candidate will support a highly virtualized landlord to tenant cloud environment and provide guidance and expertise to our government counterparts and tenants as needed.
- Team member who provides support and serves on the Network Administration team including technical support to the Network Administrators and System Administrators, monitoring and maintaining the current infrastructure, improving system performance, and automating system administration. This positions also develops algorithms used in modules or incorporated into models associated with the research and development of technologies and systems involving one or more of the following areas: traditional circuit switched networks; data networks; access technologies; wireless systems; the media to carry such services; the protocols required for the completion of transport and services; operation of networks; management of network resources; provisioning of resources; traffic and/or performance modeling of such networks.
- Provide technical support to the Network Administrators and System Administrators, monitor and maintain the current infrastructure, improve system performance, and automate system administration.
- Provide input to the design of the organizations network and mission architecture.
- Conduct Computer Network Defense Operations, plan and install network upgrades, network design, and perform quality assurance and control.
- Configure and maintain organization’s network diagrams and accreditations.
- Integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC regulations.
- Oversee the support to all network equipment.
- Support the integration of the analytic platform into the CND CDC
Technical Skills Required:
- Current Cisco CCNP certification is required.
- Experience with enterprise level network design, engineering and administration
- Experience with common networking devices such as firewalls, switches, and fabric interconnects. Commonly used brands include Cisco, McAfee, and Palo Alto
- Experience interfacing with customer POCs to evaluate networking needs or requirements and explain technical terms to non-technical
- Configure and maintain organization’s network diagrams and accreditations
- Integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/OC regulations.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, or McAfee Enterprise firewalls
- Experience with VMWare ESXI cloud level architectures
- Experience with VMWare NSX (SDN networking)
Minimum Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering or related discipline and ten (10)years of relevant professional experience and training commensurate with network engineering curriculums or a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering or related discipline and eight (8) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support. Four (4) years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree (six years for a Master’s). Candidate must be Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required