Configuration Manager Level 1
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems.
- Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
- Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Perform change control and configuration audits.
- Assist in implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
- Assist in the use of configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track and manage configuration items
- Understand basic concepts, and assist in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures
- Understand basic concepts, assist in maintaining and developing the environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing, and integration
- Assist in defining and implementing hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures; such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process
- Understands configuration management software, preferably Git, GitLab and/or GitHub
- Work experience on a project involving both source code and documentation
Minimum Experience Required:
- Two (2) years’ experience as CM in programs and contracts of similar scope
- Associate’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university
- Two (2) years of additional CM experience may be substituted for an associate’s degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required