Cloud Software Engineer
- The candidate will provide software engineering support to create cloud analytics addressing current and future Network Knowledge needs. Correlate data sets in cloud architecture to answer network protocol questions and identity gaps between data sets information. Identify and create analytics to summarize network protocol information for integration into corporate visualization tools.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with developing restful services, Ruby on Rails framework, LDAP protocol configuration management and cluster performance management (e.g. Nagios).
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in the design and development of at least one Object Oriented System.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of software development projects.
- In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience, work or college level courses, in at least 2 of the desired characteristics.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
Technical Skills Required:
- Must have experience in software development and experience in computer science or computer engineering of which 3 years of the experience must be in Java
- Must have XML experience using the XML Technology
- Demonstrated ability to innovate with a drive and desire to explore possible solutions to help refine the objectives, as well as anticipate future capabilities needed by analysts
- Experience in customer engagement and understanding and determining real customer needs.
- Familiarity with concepts of application design
- Familiarity with a variety of programming languages/concepts
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- 2 years of experience with writing cloud analytics (HADOOP, MapReduce, Accumulo) in Pig or Java
- Prior experience developing analytics for survey and intelligence value assessments
- Eclipse, Maven, web services development, lightweight J2EE framework, and XQuery experience
Minimum Experience Required:
- Shall have at least 5 years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++
- Shall have at least 2 years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as 2 years of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software in UNIX/Linux (Red Hat versions 3-5+) operating systems.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required