Cloud Software Engineer II (XML, Application Design, Java)
- The candidate will provide software engineering support to create cloud analytics addressing current and future Network Knowledge needs.
- Correlate data sets in cloud architecture to answer network protocol questions and identity gaps between data sets information.
- Identify and create analytics to summarize network protocol information for integration into corporate visualization tools.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with developing restful services, Ruby on Rails framework, LDAP protocol configuration management and cluster performance management (e.g. Nagios).
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in the design and development of at least one Object Oriented System.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of software development projects.
- In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience, work or college level courses, in at least 2 of the desired characteristics.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
Technical Skills Required:
- Must have experience in software development and experience in computer science or computer engineering of which 3 years of the experience must be in Java
- Must have XML experience using the XML Technology
- Demonstrated ability to innovate with a drive and desire to explore possible solutions to help refine the objectives, as well as anticipate future capabilities needed by analysts
- Experience in customer engagement and understanding and determining real customer needs.
- Familiarity with concepts of application design
- Familiarity with a variety of programming languages/concepts
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability.
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics, event driven analytics, sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
- 2 years of experience with writing cloud analytics (HADOOP, MapReduce, Accumulo) in Pig or Java
- N2, Java, Python, MapReduce, Maven, Git, Jira
- Prior experience developing analytics for survey and intelligence value assessments
- Eclipse, Maven, web services development, lightweight J2EE framework, and XQuery experience
Minimum Experience Required:
- Shall have at least 5 years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++
- Shall have at least 2 years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as 2 years of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software in UNIX/Linux (Red Hat versions 3-5+) operating systems.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required