Cloud Analytic Software Developer
- Working in a variety of environments, the successful candidate will use leading edge technologies to develop analytics pulling data from multiple cyber sources, as well as classic SIGINT.
- These analytics will be used in standard presentation systems throughout the enterprise to support missions throughout the world covering a variety of subjects.
- You will be developing prototypes answering new questions as well as providing better answers to existing questions.
- There are also opportunities to evaluate and work with new leading edge platforms, frameworks and technologies, all while working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment.
- This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast paced environment.
- What you will like about this position…
- Developing answers to questions via Java Map/Reduce, making them available via the corporate tool suites
- Opportunities to research and work with multiple platforms for development
- Working in a cohesive, small team environment
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with developing restful services, Ruby on Rails framework, LDAP protocol configuration management and cluster performance management (e.g. Nagios).
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in the design and development of at least one Object Oriented System.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of software development projects.
- In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience, work or college level courses, in at least 2 of the desired characteristics.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
Technical Skills Required:
- At least 3 years of high level software languages such as Java, C, C++ and Linux experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in cloud technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, etc.
- Experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools
- JS, Java, Pig, Python, MapReduce, Maven, Git, Jira
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with Java/Pig MapReduce is required
- Knowledge of IP Protocols, Network topologies, databases desired
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- Shall have at least 5 years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++
- Shall have at least 2 years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as 2 years of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software in UNIX/Linux (Red Hat versions 3-5+) operating systems.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required