- The Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to, processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial OffThe-Shelf (COTS) Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Experience developing in Unix. Ability to perform shell scripting. Working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation.
- Contractor will take over the creation, testing, and distribution of a software suite of tools known as SATools. Contractor will deliver software baselines to approved customers, perform software testing for developed software including regressions testing, and support of infrastructure products, and provide configuration management, distribution, and tracking services for managed baseline software products. Contractor will assist in sanitizing and creation of special versions of software packages. Contractor will support the modernization of the current build mechanism and scripts used to build software packages. Contractor will evaluate the feasibility of distribution using more current mechanisms, for example rpms, git), and implementation of approved methods. Contractor will develop solutions, to include web based solutions, for the distribution and tracking of software and apply proven software engineering principles to improve maintainability and allow a more rapid integration of new functionality into production systems. Contractor will provide support to and assist with the software development environment. The SE-1 will serve as an advisor to (or non-voting member of) Government Change Control Board (CCB). Contractor will provide written documentation in support of TTO activities.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience developing with Python in a Unix environment
- Willingness to learn the Django Web Framework
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience writing Bash scripts
- Experience developing with the Django Web Framework
- Experience with using GitLab
Minimum Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus two (2) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity, or Four (4) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required