Apprentice Level Software Engineer (Linux, Atlassian, C++)
This is a Software Engineering position that involves designing, developing, building and deploying software code to implement streaming analytics that involves the full software development lifecycle to include:
- Design, develop, unit/integration testing, and deploy new software code that provides new functionality; as well as extending and/or modifying existing software code
- Use object-oriented software methodologies
- Write and implement code using real-time streaming software frameworks
- Write and implement code to interact with object-relational as well as NoSQL distributed databases
- Be proficient in writing and building C++ code on the LINUX operating system
- Write LINUX based scripts for code integration and cron jobs
- Manage code using the Atlassian tool suite
- Ensure that code integrates with external hardware/software systems.
- Prepare code documentation; UML artifacts
- Have a working knowledge of network protocols
- Be able to write code to convert different encoded data formats Have a working knowledge of how to implement middle-tier webservices.
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- No demonstrated experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Debug existing software and corrects defects
Technical Skills Required:
- C/C++ Software Development Language
- Unit Test framework with code coverage (e.g., ATF – automated Testing framework, CUTE – C++ Unit Test Easier)
- ORDBMS (e.g., MySql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase)
- Familiarity with LINUX based scripts (e.g. Bourne, C, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Distributed NoSQL Database system (e.g., MongoDB, Accumulo, Redis, HBase, Cassandra)
- Familiarity with streaming frameworks (e.g., STORM, Apache Spark, Distillery).
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite (e.g. Git, Stash, Jira ticketing, confluence, etc.)
- Data formats (e.g., JSON, XML, HTML and XHTML DOM)
- Build code using Maven
- Various Network protocols (e.g, HTTP, TCP, FTP, etc.)
- REST WebServices
- LINUX operating system
- Be able to rapidly generate and deploy code via IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans)
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required