Working in a variety of environments, the successful candidate will use leading edge technologies to develop analytics pulling data from multiple cyber sources, as well as classic SIGINT. These analytics will be used in standard presentation systems throughout the enterprise to support missions throughout the world covering a variety of subjects. You will be developing prototypes answering new questions as well as providing better answers to existing questions. There are also opportunities to evaluate and work with new leading edge platforms, frameworks and technologies, all while working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment. This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast paced arena.
What you will like about this position…
- Developing answers to questions via Java Map/Reduce, making them available via the corporate tool suites.
- Opportunities to research and work with multiple platforms for development.
- Working in a cohesive, small team environment.
- (paragraph about the position – include shift work times if applicable)
Technical Skills Required:
- General experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++
- Experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as 2 years of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with developing restful services, Ruby on Rails framework, LDAP protocol configuration management and cluster performance management (e.g. Nagios).
- Shall have experience developing software in UNIX/Linux (Red Hat versions 3-5+) operating systems.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in the design and development of at least one Object Oriented System.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of software development projects.
- In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience, work or college level courses, in at least 2 of the desired characteristics.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability.
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics, event driven analytics, sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover social networks.
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
- Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required