Application Engineer IV (DevOps, Python, GoLang)
- Develops and manages software tools in support of Enterprise Management. Formulates and defines specifications for software applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities provided by the software distributor. Conducts program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Performs user administration on Enterprise Management supporting technologies.
- The Application Engineer will be an integral part of the team developing new applications and tool sets to help the customer to automate some of their internal tracking tools and information gathering processes and modernize the current environment to enable quicker delivery of mission information, enhance day-to-day operations, and improve situational awareness.
- Software development (Java, Perl, SQL, Eclipse, Maven, web application development)
- Windows and Linux System administration
- ITIL® v3 Foundation certification desired
Technical Skills Required:
- strong background in DevOps development, extensive hands-on experience building Docker/containerized microservices, experience with development languages and frameworks including Python, GoLang, and Django; experience with Agile development, GitLab, and CI/CD pipelines
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- experience with Kubernetes cluster development/management/monitoring, familiarity with UI design and web development, understanding of AWS and/or OpenStack environments
Minimum Experience Required:
- High School Diploma/GED and 12 years, or Associate’s Degree and 10 years, or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years, or Master’s Degree or Higher and 6 years.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required