The Software Tester will be responsible for the end-to-end testing of an agile software development project; responsible for working with the leads to coordinate and prioritize tasks via backlogs for sprint planning and setting schedules. Works with the team to ensure builds and baselines reflect accurate versions of software related to test phases; evaluates COTS/GOTS solutions for alternative methods of testing; and ensures all test documentation is produced in accordance with standards. Must be capable of working in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan
- Execute Testing and Data Collection per plan
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes
- Establish and employ Data & Configuration Management capabilities
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants re conduct of the event; equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate Instrumentation, collection and data management tools, targets & facilities
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties
- Plan program- and event-level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to synch T&E events with supported decision points
- Testing Tasks – Planning and Execution of Performance Data Collection
- Produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E cross-walk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports)
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by the Testing Tasks
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans
- Select, develop, & use analysis tools
- Design surveys for evaluation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and user assessments of performance
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience developing and enhancing test plans and procedures that define test strategies and coverage.
- Experience in documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits.
- Experience testing systems from existing system and functional specifications
- Experience developing test cases and plans from requirements documentation.
- Experience with XML, Java, C++, database interface, LINUX, and Windows system programming is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of and skills in the use of automated lest tools
- Experience with at least a few of the following:
- Test automation development or some demonstrated development experience
- Performance / load / stress testing
- Data interface testing
- Data migration testing
- User interface testing
- Security testing
- Code coverage tools
- Systems integration testing
- Web servers OS, arid SQL database setup and administration
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Tools – Rally, Bugzilla, Trac
- Software – Java, C++, Scripting Language
- Solaris, Linux, Windows operating systems
- Web Services – iBoss, Weblogic
- Databases, Sybase, SQL, MySQL
Minimum Experience Required:
Minimum two (2) years in testing through a full system development life cycle including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes.