Responsible for receiving disparate data formats and transforming that data into corporate compliant data formats. The work includes both defining the data modeling to represent the new data as well as developing the products to produce the compliant data.
Specific duties include:
- Working with customers to define how the data is used and drive both the data modeling and data flow requirements. Once requirements are defined, work with the development teams to implement, validate and test the end-to-end functionality.
- Once deployed, provide troubleshooting and resolution for both internal and external system problems, as well as external customer-related dataflow issues.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day system-related issues and provide direct support, in collaboration with product teams, to end users via JIRA ticketing.
- Extensive interaction with multi-disciplined product teams.
- Support release planning and deployment installations; communicate important information about system maintenance, changes, events, and address concerns regarding any aspect of operational services for the Threads.
- Develops system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth
- As a participant within an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) effort, recommends a preferred solution based on selection criteria adjusted for reasonableness and validity of assumptions, technology limitations, environmental impact, and life-cycle costs
- Ensures effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
- Maintains knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Applies and enforces use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software
- Develops alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risks using earned value management (EVM) data
- Uses validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
- Fully defines interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software; and electrical and mechanical characteristics for hardware
- Improves standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
- Conducts and/or approves end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
- Develops operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
Technical Skills Required:
- Expertise in C++
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and XML
- Working knowledge of SIGINT Operation Workflows and end-to-end systems
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Knowledge of Cloud and Big Data Analytics
Minimum Experience Required:
Twenty (20) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required (experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is preferred). Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.