Work as a System Engineer in the design and development of Next Generation architecture. This position is focused on the end-to-end engineering of interfaces, both internal and external, and architectural level system engineering activities. Work will also include definition and management of system requirements, CONOPs and verification activities. The preferred candidate should be able to work and function in a dynamic environment where requirements can change according to the customer needs. Candidate should be skilled in Agile Process Framework and be able to contribute to daily Scrums. The preferred Systems Engineer will have experience managing Scrum Team and be Scrum and Product Owner Certified. The successful candidate should be able to work with the development and test organization, participate in sprint planning, sprint execution and retrospectives. A solid understanding of the necessary tools needed to implement a DevOps Process Framework, i.e. Application release automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Assists with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Manages system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
- Contributes to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
Technical Skills Required:
- 3 years of experience as a System Engineer supporting system and S/W architecture, development, requirements analysis, designing complex collection systems, process execution and evaluation, selections and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools and test integration
- 3 years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required
- Experience with analysis of architectural data flows and interface definition
- Ability to assess possible architectural limitations or shortcomings in such areas as scaling, speed, and throughput
- Understanding of networking protocols such as, TCP/IP, IPv4/6, ICMP, SMTP, etc.
- Familiarity with XML/XSD, messaging and schemas
- Familiarity and experience with Linux environment
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.) as applicable to Agile/Scrum development and collaboration environment
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Critical thinking and a motivated self-starter capable of implementing Agile and DevOps culture.
- The preferred candidate should be able to develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs. She or he will be able to review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Experience with development of system CONOP, requirements, and verification activities
- INCOSE Certification
Minimum Experience Required:
No demonstrated experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of system engineering (SE) experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
TS/SCI with Polygraph required