The individual for this position will be responsible for providing tier 1 system administration support (e.g. account creation, basic permissions, patching and updating, triage trouble reports) for customers and other system administrators. Monitor and enhance automated system health & status monitoring. Perform basic system administration including problem troubleshooting.
Individual(s) assigned to this category shall be skilled in programming in C, Bourne, TclTk, and SQL. Knowledge of how C++, Perl, and Java work is required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Prior basic Linux system administration experience required, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Prior tier-1 helpdesk experience supporting system with mix of servers & user workstations required
- Past experience troubleshooting user, system or dataflow problems required
- Basic Windows administration experience a plus
- Self-starter with good communication skills preferred
- Experience using or enhancing health & status monitoring software preferred (Splunk, Nagios or equivalent)
- Prior firewall administration experience a plus
- Prior experience with IAVA patching highly desirable
- Opportunity for technical growth
Minimum Experience Required:
Candidates shall have eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline with at least five (5) years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, QA, risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid- to large-scale.
A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.