- Monitor, maintain, performance-tune and upgrade system underlying COTs and GOTS products and infrastructure. Identify and diagnose system issues.
- Triage all user requests for production system component problems, respond to and take action to resolve requests caused by production system components.
- Deploy tested components to the operational infrastructure.
- Maintain a pulse on industry trends and apply to product as necessary.
- Participate in a team-based, agile software development cycle.
- Perform Linux system setup and management for both physical and virtual Operating Systems (OS), to include provisioning, configuration, patching and update management, platform securing/hardening. Provide manual and automated system management across widely dispersed Linux systems. Administer and configure virtual machines and VM clusters.
- Communicate with software developers and other team members to gather requirements and implement solutions.
- Develop technical documentation to include system administration architecture documentation and diagrams, configurations, baselines, administrative procedures and instructions.
- Coordinate with developers to define operational system security requirements, develop System Security Plans and related security documentation and coordinate system security accreditation and authorizations.
Technical Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administering LINUX/UNIX systems
- General understanding and experience working with and configuring LINUX disk encryption
- Experience with LINUX Volume Manager
- Experience provisioning systems, configuring systems, patching and managing systems and securing/hardening systems
- Experience administering virtual machines
- Experience in developing and implementing system configuration scripts in Perl, Bourne, Bash and/or C-Shell
- General working knowledge of Cisco and/or Dell routers and switches
- Experience creating documentation to outline processes and procedures
- Expertise with Accumulo, Hadoop and certificate management utilities.
- Experience with:
- Apache HTTPD
- Apache Tomcat
- Linux firewall configuration (ip tables)
- NAT and gateway setup
- Remove server management
- Server certificates (environment specific), encryption and secure protocols
- Scripting languages to include but not limited to: Bash, Perl
- Use of management tools
- Building RPMs
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience deploying software updates to remote systems
- Software development and engineering practices
- Oral and written communication, teaming, and time management
- Knowledge of Computer/System Architectures, Software Development Life Cycle, Configuration Management Methods, and Software Testing Principles
- Familiarity with Map/Reduce
Minimum Experience Required:
Ten (10) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree