Signals Specialist Level 3
- Perform reviews of current site selection and approval rules, identify risks and conflicts with legal authorities, and recommend resolution
- Support targeting operations; respond to and process time-sensitive customer requests for system accounts, data requests, technical assistance and targeting support
- Assess, verify and validate customer requests and requirements for compliance with National and Partner legal authorities, policies, and mission guidelines
- Mentor and provide technical support and guidance to customers regarding data request criteria, and assist customers with targeting activities to support both mission and legal compliance requirements
- Manage collection resources, dictionaries and targeting information in support of national intelligence objectives
- Work with targeting and dataflow personnel and customers to ensure correct data ingest and routing efficiency and help resolve issues
- Document rationale and process for approving and validating new site selection and targeting rules
- Provide training on systems and mission processes to customers and fellow team members
- Work with system developers, customers and management to provide feedback and requirements for system upgrades and future releases
- Help define mission scenarios, and help plan and execute user testing for mission systems
- Define processes to improve targeting management and coordinate implementation with key stakeholders and mission systems
- Assess previously approved data sharing and collection requests for compliance with legal authorities
- Develop and document operational processes and process improvements
- Assist with development technical and mission process documentation, develop and present technical briefings.
Technical Skills Required:
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience working in a Collection, Reporting, SIGDEV, Collection Management, Dictionary Management, Data Flow Management or Target Management role
- Understanding or experience in working with Targeting, Targeting rules, and related mission systems
- Understanding of site assignments
- Understanding of and experience in working with data classifications and legal authorities, and how these impact legal compliance and oversight activities and responsibilities
- Understanding of or experience working with extended IC and/or foreign partners on mission related activities
- Experience in developing, defining and documenting processes, procedures, in work products such as Process Definition documents, Standard Operating Procedures, process flow diagrams, Use Cases or User Stories, User Manual or User Training instructions
- Competent experience in basic data manipulation features in Excel, such as writing formulas, and developing tables and charts
- Five (5) years in leadership positions such as direction of significant development efforts or managing programs/projects requiring comprehensive and innovative technical solutions.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Minimum 1 year of experience with advanced data manipulation features in Excel, including writing complex formulas, writing macros or VB scripts for data manipulation, developing tables and charts, defining advanced filters and views, and other advanced features
- Experience with Complex Selection tools
- Experience defining, developing, writing and tracking user requirements, use cases or user test plans and scenarios for systems or software
- Experience developing leadership briefings
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in any technical field. An additional two (2) years of additional technical or programmatic industry experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fifteen (15) years experience in signals intelligence activity, of which a desired twelve (12) years within the Intelligence Community including eight (8) year of providing technical support to projects.