Senior Systems Engineer
- Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
- Experienced with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrates an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts.
- Experienced with system architectures in a service oriented and ESB environment.
- Experienced in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations.
- Applying agile and/or spiral development models.
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale programs.
- Integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Experienced “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Integrating FOSS, COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Developing and deploying integrated desktop applications
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong expertise with noSQL databases: Cassandra, MongoDB, Berkeley DB
- Strong expertise with SQL databases: Oracle, mySQL
- Strong Unix system administration skills, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Must have fluency in at least one scripting/coding language such as Ruby, Shell, Python, or Java
- Experience writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet, Chef) in a production environment
- Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as; Nagios, Collectd, logstash, Kafka, ELK, Cassandra
- Exceptional analytical abilities
- Experience using distributed source code control such as Git, mercurial
- Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers and software developers
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with noSQL databases: Cassandra, MongoDB, Berkeley DB
- Experience with SQL databases: Oracle, mySQL
- Knowledge of the following:
- Web development
- HTTP specification (methods, headers, response codes)
- Network security experience:
- Access and authorization – PKI, chain trusting, Central Authentication System
- Threat model development
- Vulnerability assessments
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least fifteen (15) years performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience.
- At least seven (7) years leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.