Senior Systems Engineer (Backend)
- Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
- Experienced with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrates an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts.
- Experienced with system architectures in a service oriented and ESB environment.
- Experienced in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations.
- Applying agile and/or spiral development models.
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale programs.
- Integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Experienced “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Integrating FOSS, COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Developing and deploying integrated desktop applications.
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong Unix system administration skills, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation
- Passion for developing backend systems software that improves sustainability and operations
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Must have fluency in at least one scripting/coding language such as Ruby, Shell, Python, or Java
- Experience writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet, Chef) in a production environment
- Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as; Nagios, Collectd, logstash, Kafka, Cassandra
- Solid web infrastructure fundamentals: TCP/IP NDS, HTTP, caching REST, and scale out
- Exceptional analytical abilities
- Experience configuring java Application servers such as Tomcat, Netty
- Experience configuring WWW servers such as apache, nginx, haproxy
- Experience using distributed source code control such as Git, mercurial
- Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers and software developers
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with security accreditation process for our customer
- Knowledge of the Java development process and use of tools such as maven, Junit, SLF4J
- Knowledge of the following:
- Apache Mesos, Linux cgroups
- Web development
- Java SE 5+, java EE (Servlets, JSP)
- REST/Web architecture
- HTTP specification (methods, headers, response codes)
- Experience with noSQL databases: Cassandra, MongoDB, Berkeley DB
- Network security experience:
- Access and authorization – PKI, chain trusting, Central Authentication System
- Threat model development
- Vulnerability assessments
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least fifteen (15) years performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience.
- At least seven (7) years leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.