Candidate will be part of software development team for the DNIP user interface. The current application is seven years old and the work entails maintaining the current application as well as modernizing the old application to newer technology.
Technical Skills Required:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003(or later), XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Java Development
o Apache Maven
o Java Server pages (JSPs)
o REST (JAX-RS, Jersey)
o JSON serialization (Jackson)
- Web UI development
- System Administration
o Basic knowledge of Linux (CentOS)
- Continuous Integration & Test
o Jenkins Configuration
- Tracking Tools
o JIRA, Confluence
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Minimum Experience Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.