- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
- 3 years’ experience as a Software Engineering supporting software architecture development, software development lifecycle process, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, and integration
- Demonstrated ability to innovate with a drive and desire to explore possible solutions to help refine the objectives, as well as anticipate future capabilities needed
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- 6+ months experience writing cloud analytics (HADOOP, MapReduce, Accumulo) in Pig or Java or obtained HADOOP Training Certificate
- 6+ months experience Graph technologies such as: Neo4j, Tinkerpop, Spark
Minimum Experience Required:
Candidates shall have eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. Additionally, at least three (3) years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.