- Characterize, enrich and explore data sets to evaluate intelligence value; brief analysts and decision makers on your findings.
- Demo Visual Data Discovery tools, which includes the SW integration and prototype work needed to integrate and establish a meaningful workflow.
- Prior analyst or analyst/developer hybrid experience a strong plus
Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience using Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as Eclipse, JBuilder, or NetBeans, and Visual Studio
- SW Language Skills: Java and C#/.NET
- Experience working with some/all of the following frameworks: log4js, RESTeasy, .NET, Jersey, Spring or EJBs, JMS, JNDI, X.509, JDBC, JPA, JAXB, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, raw sockets
- Experience with Source Code Management tools (Git/Stash preferred)·
- Previous experience developing or using customer’s corporate tools, analytics, or data feeds.
- Experience working with the following platforms: Red Hat Linux, Windows, and Virtual Machines
- Candidate must have superior communication skills including ability to articulate and converse with customer (i.e. receiving requirements, exploring new efforts, clarifying requests, making suggestions, etc)
Minimum Experience Required:
Candidates shall have eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. Additionally, at least three (3) years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.