The selected candidate(s) will work as a Software Developer on a team that is focused on cyber analytic development and visualization. Specifically, working on a corporate application providing a web interface and restful services which facilitate intrusion detection rule validation, development and testing. The successful candidate may also.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Performing software development, integration, test, support to deployed systems, and documentation to meet requirements.
- Integration of a wide variety of applications from various sources to ensure that they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization.
- Supporting problem resolution and installation of fielded systems to meet requirements in accordance with approved design specifications and operational procedures.
- Designing and developing User Interface based applications
- Collaborating with customer development and test team organizations and personnel to plan and execute integrated activities.
- Candidates must have good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Coordinate with software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is being completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Technical Skills Required:
- 7+ years of strong experience with JAVA
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Spring Framework
- 5+ years of experience of developing in a Linux environment (RedHat and CentOS)
- Familiarity with software collaboration tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Familiarity with Spring Integration and Spring Data
- Knowledge of SIGINT mission systems
- Familiarity with Networking and Protocol Analysis
- Network intrusion detection system, i.e. SNORT
Minimum Experience Required:
Fourteen (14) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.