Individual will be working with a team on a suite of capabilities designed to help solve common problems arising from various analyst offices. Primary focus will be on prototype development. The individual will also work directly with customers to gather requirements and feedback.
Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of Python, Java, Linux
- Working knowledge of developing within a Unix environment (with a desktop and from the command line)
- Demonstrated ability to independently work through complex solutions
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals is a plus
- Familiarity with virtual machines and VLANSs is a plus
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus
- Familiarity with Android devices and Android Virtual Device (AVD) manager is a plus
Minimum Experience Required:
Candidates shall have eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. Additionally, at least three (3) years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems). A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.