Individual with an analyst mindset who develops capabilities designed to help solve common problems arising from various analyst offices. Primary focus will be on prototype development in the area of analytics and streaming analytics focusing on network intrusion/network packet analysis, malware and computer forensics. The individual may also work directly with customers to gather requirements and feedback.
Labor Category Requirements:
Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with Java and Pig
- Knowledge of network intrusion/network packet analysis, malware and computer forensics
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere Streams
- User Interface development experience with Node.js and React
- Experience with Python
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 16+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required