Hardware development position on a team developing accelerated processing capabilities spanning across FPGA and software development. Specific duties include:
- Perform system design, development, integration, test, and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms.
- Perform analysis of candidate architecture implementations
- Define and develop interfaces
- Prototype and optimize hardware components
- Expected to participate in developer led integration of software baselines.
- Motivated, independent worker to fit on a small problem solving team
- Lead hardware discussions and collaboration efforts with other hardware teams and organizations
- Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests, participating in peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Coordinate with software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is being completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Technical Skills Required:
- 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer supporting hardware-software co-design projects with an emphasis on FPGA and software development and requirements analysis, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration.
- Experience with OpenCL
- Capable of leading a small team to develop innovative applications and engineering solutions
- Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- 5+ years of experience programming using VHDL/Verilog
- Experience with Git and SVN
- Knowledge of technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Knowledge and experience with network programming and network protocols
Minimum Experience Required:
Fourteen (14) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.