This position will require the candidate work as a software developer, software integrator, and data analyst as part of a team that applies disciplined processes, techniques, and tools to transform a software design into functional software. The position also supports problem resolution and analysis of schema-based data validation flows.
Specific duties include:
- Performing software development, integration, test, and analysis support to deployed systems, and documentation to meet requirements.
- Integrating software into a data flow environment, with the ability to optimize processing capability while minimizing impacts to processing flow, ensuring overall stability and performance.
- Developing software as necessary to integrate components to facilitate testing and development
- Valuing simple and readable code over clever, more difficult to maintain code.
- Adhering to accepted standards for development in a continuous integration environment, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code.
- Working with development, test & configuration management tools.
- Collaborating with customer development and test team organizations and personnel to plan and execute integrated activities.
- Candidates must have good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Coordinate with software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is being completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Technical Skills Required:
- Expertise in C++ and Ruby
- Experience working in a team software development environment
- Understanding of schemas (XML, XSD), network and telecommunications protocols, data streaming, databases, and data servers
- Proficiency in Linux (demonstrated in work experience)
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with XML processing (such as nokogiri)
Minimum Experience Required:
Fourteen (14) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
TS/SCI with Polygraph required